Use Completed Task Lists As Motivators Or Artwork

Use Completed Task Lists As Motivators Or Artwork

Now here’s something a little different than what you might normally hear concerning productivity and task lists. The David constantly states that during the GTD sweep, it’s imperative that we throw away our crusty old tasks, projects, and even contexts once they’re spent. The guys at Behance have a different idea.

Instead of tossing away your task lists that you’ve put blood, sweat and tears into, why not put them on display to motivate yourself into action on future projects?

Why not decorate your work space with completed action steps? While we tend to surround ourselves with art and imagery that serves to inspire us in our work, is it more inspiration that we need? Most creative professionals report that they are not short of ideas, but rather the discipline and organization to make them happen. For this reason, consider surrounding yourself with testaments to taking action.

Although I was a bit hesitant when I first read the article, the idea has grown on me somewhat. It does kind of seem like a shame that I can’t proudly display what I’ve been working on as a badge of honor. I can just see myself hanging my best “dones” on the wall, and giving tours with an Australian accent.

“And this little project I bagged on the 14th hour of a Monday in mid-March. What a beaut!”

Or maybe not. But it is fun to think about. How about you guys? How would you display your completed tasks?

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on StumbleUponTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on Reddit

Comments on this entry are closed.

• Matthew Cornell August 25, 2007, 4:53 pm

I like it! Maybe putting up something representing *projects* would make sense, say images from a magazine?

• glen July 22, 2007, 12:52 am

Heh, yeah me too. I guess I just don’t take as much pride in writing them down like these guys do. That’s a big motivator for saving them…

• Loli July 21, 2007, 6:06 pm

The Task Lists on the wall won’t be decorative, but if you translate that into objectives and keep records with statistics and graphs, will be a motivator. Will tell you whether you’re on track or not. I would prefer to show nicer graphics…

• glen July 13, 2007, 8:58 am

That’s not a bad point Abhimanyu. It kind of hurts my eyes looking at the above picture ;)

• Donte April 29, 2017, 3:42 am

Bimalji congratulation for Ghandruk samaj. I am one of the supporter for Ghandruk team. I have see the video and news. But after read the news I felled unhappy. Coz Syangja never joint with parbat. Some players from syangja played in parbat, but we syangjali never try to winner joint with parbat. Anyway thanks for video I got a chance to see the final manah.Bhojendra.Syctgja.

• William Profet :: OneJobTwoSalaries.com July 12, 2007, 3:22 pm

I think this would be a great motivator! Reviewing your successes every time you look at the wall will boost your motivation.

This is a good idea and I am going to use it!

Thank you and good luck!
    William

• Abhimanyu Grover July 12, 2007, 1:59 pm

Hmmm, I think that will make me feel a bit tired and will do negative effect… Maybe that’s just me.. From my current to-do’s I throw them immediately when a page is filled or so, to start with a fresh list..

If I ever look at a whole filled page, it makes me think as if I’ve done a lot and should take rest.