Glad I’m Not a Robot

glad I'm not a robot
Photo by Twm™

Robots are wonderful machines. There are times like today where I look at all that has to be done and wish I could flip a switch and turn into a robot.

I could fly through all that I have to do, in less than a fraction of the time.

How? With my robotic capacity, that’s how.

I’d be a special robot with the most advanced Get’er Done chip and a WillPower 3.0. And while we’re at it, a giant Flux Capacitor on my chest.

Unfortunately, as much as we might want to be, you and I aren’t robots. We’re far from it.

• We get distracted
  • We don’t always get it right the first time
  • Our timing is off
  • We misinterpret things
  • We forget
  • We make decisions based on emotions
  • We get tired
  • We break commitments
  • We make mistakes
  • We aren’t perfect

While I wish I might have more robotic qualities, I’m glad I’m not a robot. Because the things that keep us from awesome robotic qualities are the things that make us unique and better than our hardwired hombres.

• We have the ability to learn, grow and adapt
  • We can override the system
  • We can love
  • We can choose
  • We can change our mind
  • We can think outside the box

So the next time you wish you had an iron will and the concentration to last a full work day, remember that it’s a small price to be pay for being a creative being.

Something to think about anyway.

• Karen H. Phillips October 20, 2009, 2:26 pm

Choice–the greatest power of a human being! Yet we often use it to blame God for our troubles, when we can trace most of them back to some human's poor choices. He gave us a fantastic gift, which we can use for good, for evil, and perhaps worse, for nothing.

• Karen H. Phillips October 20, 2009, 10:26 am

• bedroom dresser October 19, 2009, 10:23 pm

One day, we all have to depend on robots!

• Girlie | Digital Room October 19, 2009, 8:03 pm

Glad I'm not a robot! Sure, they can do things that us humans can't, but who cares? However, I sometimes I do wish I have WillPower 3.0.

• Dayne | TheHappySelf.com October 19, 2009, 5:32 pm

I loved this post. Very clever and does make one think for a bit. Great stuff!

Cheers,
    Dayne

• Glen Stansberry October 19, 2009, 5:57 pm

Thanks Dayne! Thinking… another thing that robots can't do ;)

• Teresa Deak October 19, 2009, 3:49 pm

An excellent reminder, set in a cute framework. Love it!

• Jen | UPrinting October 17, 2009, 3:04 am

Hooray for us non-robots! Oh, and here's another idea – I'm sure we would sound better on the phone than our mechanical counterparts ;)

• Annabel Candy October 14, 2009, 10:23 pm

So glad you're not a robot, I don't think you'd have been able to write a sweet little post like this otherwise. Also enjoying being a human being but I could definitely do with a cooking robot, a cleaning robot and a laundry robot. My husband just isn't up to scratch:)

• Glen Stansberry October 15, 2009, 8:28 am

I'm not saying robots are bad… I'd love one! Just that I'm glad I'm NOT one :)

• Jason of Kim & Jason October 13, 2009, 6:25 pm

I'm glad I'm not a robot either, Glen. But it would be cool to own R2-D2. I bet he could get me out of some of the jams I often find myself in.

• John Many Jars October 13, 2009, 1:21 pm

Flux capacitors suck. What you need is an oscillation overthruster.