Ask the Readers: What Are Your Morning Inspirations?

Morning inspiration
Photo by khalid almasoud

What do you do in the morning that inspires you?

Creativity depends on hard-nosed routines, but also needs to be inspired on a regular basis. I’m definitely a morning person, so a lot of my inspiration comes in the AM. Here are a few things I do to ensure I’m getting my morning jolt of inspiration.

Coffee Shop

For me, I enjoy working in a coffee shop, at least for part of the day. I like the smell of coffee and the constant stream of people coming and going. For whatever reason, the white noise helps me concentrate fully on my task. Oh, and the caffeine helps too.

Regular Browsing

I make it a habit to visit some of these sites:

• LifeRemix – Only the best lifestyle blogging in the world. (Of course, I might be slightly biased. I did co-found it.LifeRemix
  • Google Reader – Ok, so this is my “gateway” site. I have a few sites that I follow every day in the reader, but the really cool aspect of GReader that’s grown on me is Friend Recommendations. When friends share links, I find about 95% of them to be interesting and relevant to me. It’s like having a personal recommendation system sending me interesting news and articles.Google Reader
  • Ffffound! [now defunct] Is one of the best sites dedicated to inspiring and creative photography. Simply fantastic.Ffffound
  • Seth’s Blog – Seth Godin probably doesn’t need any introduction. Just know that I read him religiously.Seth Godin's Blog

Morning Exercise

Whether it’s a run or just a short walk, I have to have some sort of exercise in the morning. I do my best thinking while moving, and if I can’t have that time to jump-start my mind, then I’m a lost cause.

Morning Reading

I make it a habit to read every morning and reflect, at least for 15 minutes. This habit has probably had the most profound impact on my life, and I’d wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone.

Ok, so that’s my morning. What about you?

Comments on this entry are closed.

• USA March 5, 2017, 8:18 am

EliasLons Nederlanderna JoesphQui
    BradPurne Juventuss GerardChu
    LachlanHe Arsenal KareemDem
    MonicaMcK Valencia Concepcio
    JohnsonPa West Ham United TammaraTr
    YXQEmory Turkiet DesireeDo
    MariettaM Juventuss HaydenLiu
    Bessienyf Schalke 04 AlissaHum
    BraydenSy Paris Saint Germain FawnOpwel
    SoniaBieb BVB Borussia Dortmund MistyBear

• Oval Mirrors Gal October 1, 2010, 9:08 pm

First of all I’ll pray to the god as about 5 min that will success my hole day work.

• Ekaraj October 20, 2009, 2:56 am

I just bookmarked this for my future referance.

Thanks
    jaine
    ______________________________________________
    aion kinha | Aion Powerleveling

• rose October 4, 2009, 5:16 pm

Every morning my Yorkshire terriers await my first movement.
    At the slightest signal of awakening, they hop around in excitement, stopping to only to be petted. Very positive start to everyday.

• baby nursery crib September 30, 2009, 11:53 pm

Morning Inspirations??..
    ..hmmm..I think of a lot but I guess the breakfast tops it all! I really make sure I have a healthy, bug breakfast! It completes my day!

• GemmaLouise16 September 30, 2009, 8:13 pm

ermm, this has made me think alot, i generally get inspired last thing at night

but i guess my morning inspiration has to be when i put my make-up on, it makes me feel good about myself and i guess it inspires me to be ready for the day. :)

• Patrice September 30, 2009, 10:13 am

My morning aspirations are the following : breakfast, checking emails and exercise.

• Armen Shirvanian September 29, 2009, 12:30 pm

Hey Glen.

I like how you described, with pictures, some of the various items you check and read to continue and build that morning energy. We like to see day-to-day material like that.

I wake up in “attack mode” from the get-go, but I also have positive items like the message “I work through my goals and accomplish more and more” centered in large font on my desktop backgrounds, and do well with trance/classical/piano/instrumental music in the background. Sometimes I think about the value of time too.

• Glen Stansberry September 29, 2009, 2:57 pm

I also do well with wordless music.

• Dustin September 29, 2009, 10:19 am

My 10 Morning Inspirations(in no particular order)

1. @glenstansbury Tweets
    2. The sight of cream in my coffee
    3. My daughter sleeping
    4. sketches
    5. dream recalling
    6. The jQuery Website
    7. My turtle terrarium/aquarium
    8. The title bindings of books on my shelves
    9. My hats
    10. My fiance's good-morning affection and/or irritation

• Glen Stansberry September 29, 2009, 2:28 pm

Dustin,

Wow, thanks for the comments! Sounds like you've got a lot, though #1 appears to be the most important ;)