Helping Creative People Create

What Would You Like Me to Write About?

Lately it seems as though I’ve only been writing about what’s on my mind (which is great), but I’d like to ask you all if there was anything that you’d like me to discuss. Are there any topics that you’d like to see here? I’m open to nearly anything, with the exception of GTD tools.

Thanks all for your input in advance. You’re what makes this blog special.

Liked the Post? Why Not Subscribe?

Get LifeDev delivered to your inbox as articles are published.

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

infolode May 12, 2009 at 3:44 pm

I've just started using Flock browser and would love some expert input on whether it's a substitute for a landing page, it's benefits/issues, etc… It works great from my view, as it puts almost all my feeds/reading in one handy window. Almost being the operative word. Something better, in your view? What do you use as your homepage and why?
If you are interested, of course.

Glen Allsopp May 12, 2009 at 5:06 pm

I would love you to post my guest post ;)

Seriously though, just write about what's on your mind. I'm sure there are some stories to tell from what you've gone through the last few weeks, where you could share valuable lessons?

Cheers,
Glen

Glen Stansberry May 13, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Thanks Glen… so sorry I flaked on the guest post. Coming soon… promise :)

Yeah, thanks for the words of encouragement! I'll keep scratchin' the old noggin.

Hugo Rodriguez May 13, 2009 at 11:22 am

Thanks for the excellent and valuable work you have done through LifeDev.
I can appreciate and respect not wanting to further discussing GTD tools. However, it is fair to say that in my opinion GTD is what put LifeDev on the map so to speak, and it is the reason I subscribed in the first place. I haven't invested much time using LifeDev as a resource since your change of direction into creativity. I'm sure a large a number of your readers benefited from the change.

Since you asked, I would suggest researching the Lean Production System used by Toyota and gleaming wisdom that can be applied to office work and Life Development. A number of books have been published regarding Lean System application to office work. Two I've found (not yet purchased or read) are “Lean Office Demystified” by Don Tapping and Ann Dunn and “5S for the Office: Organizing the Workplace to Eliminate Waste” by Thomas Fabrizio and Don Tapping.

I'm interested in applications and combinations of GTD and Lean to not only office but life in general (something GTD does well). The present incarnation of GTD is not the final state and would be absurd to think that it will not evolve. However, Lean has a lot to offer and I can think of the emphasis on waste prevention and management as an example. How much less clutter and confusion we would have in our office and personal lives if we implemented Lean waste management. I wonder how much less of an environmental crisis (if any at all) we would have.

I have only a cursory understanding of Lean and have such a research in my Someday/Maybe list. If you feel so moved to research and write about Lean as suggested you will have my undivided attention. Again thanks for the valuable information you have shared through LifeDev. I have certainly benefited from it.

Regards
Hugo Rodriguez

Glen Stansberry May 13, 2009 at 2:47 pm

Hey Hugo! GREAT thoughts. I completely agree: GTD is what put LifeDev on the map, so to speak. I'm so glad that you and many others found the site through that topic, and I'm grateful that you've stuck around since I”ve changed focus a bit. Lemme expand on that.

So, I don't write about GTD anymore because I don't really use it anymore. Like all systems, my own “productivity” has shifted as well. I mean, that's not to say I don't use bits of GTD theory here and there, it's just not what I use to get stuff done these days. So I would have a very hard time writing about something that I don't a) feel strongly about or b) even use anymore. You could tell right away I wasn't passionate about it, and I wouldn't have fun writing it.

That said, there's nothing saying I can't touch on more productivity-related topics. I just got kinda burned out on it all. I'll try and incorporate more posts on the theme of getting stuff done in some way or another, promise. Really, the hardest part for me isn't HOW I get stuff done, just DOING it.

Thanks again for the insightful comment. Well done :)

Glen Stansberry May 13, 2009 at 2:40 pm

Wow, thanks for the great comments guys! Keep 'em coming!

Alex Shalman May 18, 2009 at 2:47 pm

What would be awesome is an article about collaborating with people online in mutually profitable ventures. How to set up such business models, how you decide who does what share of the work and how the money is split, and all things relevant to this.

Sometimes creative people are not business people, and vice versa, and it's important to learn to work with our strengths, and outsource our weaknesses.

Glen Stansberry May 27, 2009 at 11:05 am

Alex,

I love the idea! I'll try and craft something along these lines. Thanks for the great suggestion!

kstaib May 29, 2009 at 3:16 pm

I would like you to write about the inner dialog we have with ourselves as we create. For example positive thoughts vs negative thoughts and how we need to use both of them to create successfully.

Glen Stansberry May 31, 2009 at 3:55 pm

Karl,

Great thoughts. That's an excellent topic, and I'll try to work it in.

Thanks amigo!

Glen Stansberry May 31, 2009 at 7:55 pm

Karl,

Great thoughts. That's an excellent topic, and I'll try to work it in.

Thanks amigo!

travesti May 8, 2010 at 1:42 am

hi very nice your site's contents. If this is a nice sharing. Thanks, but for my country because there is no content sites like yours as I would always follow the most liked sites like these and I'm waiting for new issues and explanations.